Friday, September 5, 2008

The women of the RNC

Now, I may be biased, but I've always thought that Democratic women were the life of the party. After watching the RNC, I may have to eat my words. They are pretty darn hilarious. I found myself chuckling as Sarah Palin blasted zinger after zinger, partly from humor as I listened to her distort the truth and partly from disbelief as I knew half of America were eating it up. Additionally, I must say buttons with "I'm voting for the hot chick" made me lol in my seat.

What a hoot, I have to give credit to McSame and the Republicans. They have found a way to both levy"inexperienced" attacks on Barack while placing in their number 2 spot a woman that (in the words of my female boss) "was Governor of a state with about the same population as my district and mayor of a city with the population of West U (a neighborhood in our district)". Wow, that really puts things into perspective. Damn, why didn't she run for President?!

How silly of me, I almost forgot to mention my favorite Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn. How could you not love a "gun-totin', God-fearin', freedom-lovin', flag-wavin'" Tennessean? How could I be so ignorant as to want to vote for a man that wants to drill my wallet?! Good Lord, how could anyone want to vote for someone that (sure, the experts say that drilling won't bring down gas prices for another 7-8 years, and even then it won't bring much relief) is against drilling when we aren't even utilizing drill sites available now? That just sounds preposterous!

Oh, and before I sign off, I just want to scold the media for their clearly sexist remarks about Sarah Palin. How dare you criticize her policy beliefs? How can you question her resolute belief in abstinence only programs in school, when there is a big pink (possibly blue) elephant (should I say donkey?) in the room, that's just plain mean! How could Hillary have possibly thought the media was sexist with her? Look at what they're putting poor Sarah through! However, I have faith in Sarah. After all, when asked about media sexism towards Hillary back in the primaries, she said to "work harder, prove yourself".

No comments: