Thursday, July 10, 2008

My New Blog

My new blog...yeah, ok, my very first blog! And, in order to not bore, I will attempt some semblance of humor as I write future passages. Since everyone in V-Town (Victoria, for those of you not on the up) wants to know what I am doing this summer as I begin training at the Emily's List Campaign Corp program in D.C. and start my campaign job via (the amazing, awesome, can you believe they picked me?!) Annie's List (www.annieslist.org), I thought I would create this blog, rather than get nasty e-mails from people saying that my, my.BarackObama page is not to talk about anyone other than Barack!

Hey, but I'm not bitter...So now that I can talk about whatever I like on my very own blog, I will start by saying that my beloved car passed away with a final puff of gray smoke last Monday, July 7, 2008 at 9:05am from old age, heat exhaustion, and a cracked head (seriously, that's what it is called!). After mourning (expletive, You Murphy's Law, expletive YOU! and, you can't see this, but I stopped typing to shake my fist in the air) I have begun my search for a replacement. Now, this new car search is giving the "girl that doesn't get headaches" a migraine. Two reasons...

The first being....MONEY. Luckily, my parents have been super helpful (shout out to the parentals, Travis and Pam!) and will finance and cover the payments until I have an "official", 40-hours a week job. That's the good part, but after I have my "real world" job, I'll have to refinance under my own name, that's where the headache comes in. Secondly, with $4 gas, all the small, economical cars are being swooped up like free pens at a convention booth, enter migraine (yeah, ok, I probably could have thought up a better analogy, but I'm stressing about my car situation, plus, I totally grab as many free pens as I can at the booths, don't lie, you do too). Murphy's Law strikes again!

Peace!

For LL and KB....Freud Out! :)

1 comment:

Dennis Tardan said...

I am so glad that you are blogging. You strike the wonderful chord between information and entertainment, drawing us right into your life story.

Please keep blogging. Melissa and I will keep reading and following the Adventures of Kelli!