Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No, I haven't croaked yet!

I am soooo sorry that I left y'all hanging for so long! Been a little crazy getting acclimated to the campaign trail. So anyway, I've been doing pretty darn good. I had a couple of mini-meltdowns my first week, but now that, that is over, I'm doing good in campaign mode, getting into the so called "groove".

I have been hopping from one house party to a fundraiser to a local Democrats club to another house party or event. Kinda crazy but kinda fun :) Additionally, I have gone from "the Annie's List Intern girl" to (drum roll please), Assistant Field Director! However, I secretly call myself the "Deputy Field Director" (yes, I know it is the same thing but "Deputy" sounds a little more important!).

So exactly what does an Assistant (Deputy) Field Director do, you might ask. Well, I organize the blockwalks, phonebanking, and volunteer recruitment. And let me tell you, organizing block walks and cutting turf is a (insert expletive of choice here, no, make it five). Not that much fun, because TX is one of the only states that doesn't have an "easy" button, aka the "cut turf" button on VAN! Aggggh!!! Ok, I need to keep breathing before I have another VAN related meltdown.

Speaking about related meltdowns, Houston traffic. Need I say more? Yes, I will. For those of you brave individuals knowledgeable about the Houston area (and the traffic), a couple of nights ago, I had a fundraiser that I needed to get to on Waugh St., I ended up driving to Alief. Does someone need a GPS system? I think so!

Well, I think that brings you all up to speed on what I have been doing these past few (more like 10) days.


No comments: