Sunday, August 3, 2008

On to the Campaign Trail!

Say hello to the newest staffer for Rep. Ellen Cohen from District 134 in Houston, TX! I leave today for the campaign and am super stoked (and a little nervous). Just to fill you all in, her district covers some of the most affluent neighborhoods in all of TX (i.e. Bellaire-27th wealthiest location in TX, West University Place, 7th wealthiest place in TX, and River Oaks, yea, the houses sell there for 15 million plus). I'm not sure exactly what I will be doing there, but will let you know after my first day, Monday, 8:30am (I can do 8:30).

Campaign School was pretty intense, but is (thank God) now over. Nah, I'm making it sound horrible, it wasn't. Just "new". American University's campus was beautiful and the weather was surprisingly reminiscent of TX weather. I have about five blisters in varying locations on my feet and am about three shades paler than before I left. But all in all, I'm a-ok. After being holed up for the past nine days, I need to catch up on what has been going on in the world.

No comments: